New Pavilion PC convertibles and notebooks include premium features, powering amazing experiences at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
GENEVA, April 13, 2017 – At Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2017, HP Inc. today announced a new lineup of Pavilion laptops with sophisticated designs, and features to inspire today’s students and tomorrow’s reinventors. The new Pavilion convertibles and laptops deliver a rich set of features and performance options previously reserved for higher-end products, including the addition of premium materials like 3D metal to help remove all visual seams, USB-C for more connectivity options and active pen support to bring Windows Ink to life on Pavilion x360s. Additionally, in anticipation of the Creators Update from Microsoft and Windows Ink technology available on the new Pavilion x360, Coachella Festival Music and Arts Festival attendees will be able to interact with the PC in new and unique ways, witnessing how the entire HP portfolio provides unforgettable immersive experiences when technology, art and music come together.
“Coachella is the perfect venue to launch and show the inking capabilities in our new Pavilion line up because of the festival’s strong focus on music and art. Attendees can use the inking platform to create their own memorable experience at the show, said Kevin Frost vice president and general manager of consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “Our latest Pavilion is a convertible offering features typically reserved for our premium products, including pen for those who want to draw or take notes directly on the screen, so students and aspiring digital creators can interact and create on our PCs in new and unique ways.”
The new Pavilion x360 gives customers what they want – mobility and flexibility in a convertible PC. Pavilion x360s not only morph into four modes, but also infuse premium materials and features like 3D metal to help remove all visual seams, USB-C to enable more connectivity, and active pen support to bring Windows Ink to life. Windows Ink allows users to interact with content in new ways and quickly turn thoughts into action – create lists, sticky notes, and draw your ideas directly onto the screen. To highlight just how interactive, versatile and creative the Pavilion x360s with Windows Ink allow users to be, the 2017 Pavilion x360 will headline a Bandana Inking experience in the HP LOUNGE at Coachella. Festival attendees will have the ability to design their very own custom bandana, and HP graphic printers bring it to life allowing what is created to be printed on-the-spot and put into people’s hands before heading to see the next big artist on stage. The 2017 Pavilion x360s are offered with an 11.6” HD IPS display, or 14” or 15.6” diagonal screen options with HD or Full HD IPS.
The latest Pavilion laptops bring amazing new designs inspired by HP’s premium Spectre and ENVY lineup. In bringing quality new designs to the Pavilion portfolio, HP is able to offer its Pavilion customers scalability and performance. The use of 3D metal, a single piece of metal that wraps around the sides and back of the PC effectively removing visual seams, on the 2017 Pavilion laptops adds durability and an elegant look while the combination of hues, finishes, and textures give the PCs a more sophisticated look. The incorporation of a lift hinge, previously reserved for ENVY products, provides a more comfortable typing experience, but also more efficient airflow to the bottom vents. With a design engineered for functionality, the combination of comfort for end-users and airflow for performance makes Pavilion perfect for users who are creating their own videos and editing photos, then sharing them on social media. The new portfolio of Pavilion notebooks are offered with a 14”, 15.6” or 17” diagonal screen options with Full HD or Full HD IPS displays2 and the option to add touch.
HP’s Pavilion x360 and Pavilion laptop devices feature a wide-range of configuration options to meet the needs of the consumer needing the reliability to connect and get things done or be entertained. Pavilion gives consumers a PC that not only performs, but is also a true reflection of how people interact with their devices.
HP Pavilion Features:
- All day battery life with up 10 hours[i] and HP Fast Charge (90% in 90 minutes) on select models
- Processor options: latest 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-i7 processors, Intel® Pentium® processors or 7th Gen AMD processors
- Storage options: Dual storage up to 256GB SSD+1TB HDD or 128GB SSD+ 2TB HDD or single storage up to 512GB SSD or up to 2TB HDD on select models
- Choice of AMD® Radeon & Nvidia GeForce Discrete Graphics
- Enhanced Intel 2x2ac WiFi option
- HP Wide Vision HD camera or optional FHD IR camera which supports Windows Hello
- Exceptional audio with dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, and tuning by the experts at B&O Play
- Pavilion Laptops offer unique color options to fit any personality including Opulent Blue, Silk Gold, Orchid Pink, Mineral Silver, Natural Silver, Shimmer Mint and Empress Red.
HP Inspiring the Hidden Artist in Everyone at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
In the first year as Coachella’s official technology sponsor, HP is treating music fans to an unforgettable experience at Coachella with its latest portfolio of products that inspires creativity and the artist within everyone. Festival-goers will be able to escape the heat and immerse in The Antarctic, the new 360 degree audio visual sensory experience housed inside the world’ s largest projection dome powered by HP workstations. The 11,000 square foot audio-visual adventure is programmed exclusively for Coachella’s art and music enthusiast.
Guests will also be able to uniquely express themselves through the use of HP technology at the HP LOUNGE. HP is allowing everyone at the festival to create, reinvent and share their work with their peers for a truly unforgettable weekend. HP LOUNGE experiences include:
- Bandana Inking: Create a bespoke bandana on HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptops announced at Coachella, for Coachella. The Pavilion x360s will be using Dial Inking technology and HP graphics printers so you can walk away with your custom creation and prepare for the annual Indio dust.
- Kinetic Art: Step into a 360-degree blackout photo booth that captures a sharable 120-degree photo with your very own custom light design created by you on HP Spectre x360s and HP EliteBook x360s.
- Light Ink: Design your very own real life, life size kaleidoscope in real time with the HP Inking Laser Show, created on HP’s Spectre x360 laptop and the latest HP Pavilion x360s.
- VA Virtual Reality: Combine art, music and dance into a real-time generated, creative virtual reality experience. Guests will be able to manipulate the existing dome content time into their very own unique creation on OMEN X desktops.
Pavilion Pricing and Availability[ii]
- The HP Pavilion x360 11 is available now, starting at €429.
- The HP Pavilion x360 14 will be available in EMEA in May, starting at €449
- The HP Pavilion x360 15 will be available in EMEA in May, starting at €479
- HP Pavilion 14 Laptop will be available in EMEA in May, starting at €529
- HP Pavilion 15 Laptop with 7th Gen Intel Core processor will be available in EMEA in May, starting at €549
- HP Pavilion 15 Laptop with AMD processor will be available in EMEA in May starting at €499.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.