Rockwell Collins selects AMD RadeonTM E2400 embedded GPU to support Synthetic Vision in its Pro Line FusionTMAvionics System
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - March 26, 2012 - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced Rockwell Collins, a leader in innovative communications and avionics systems for the aerospace and defense industries, has selected the AMD RadeonTM E2400 embedded graphics processor for inclusion in its highly-intuitive, integrated flight deck solution, Pro Line FusionTM. Chosen for its advanced 3D graphics rendering capabilities, the AMD Radeon E2400 helps generate realistic graphical models of the external aircraft environment to help improve awareness of terrain, obstacles and runways in low visibility conditions. With this technology, pilots can now have key information at their fingertips, enabling them to make informed decisions during every phase of flight.
"The rapid and accurate visualisation of data and access to information are essential for professionals in the aerospace and defense industries," said Richard Jaenicke, director, Embedded Client Business, AMD. "The AMD Radeon E2400 was specifically designed to meet customers' demand for high-quality graphics with a stable, long-lasting supply, making it ideal for system designers such as Rockwell Collins."
Benefits of AMD Radeon E2400 for Avionics Systems
- High performance 3D graphics technology: delivers realistic, real-time terrain imagery to the 15.1" primary flight deck LCD displays
- Advanced 3D graphics acceleration:support for OpenGL 2.0, Shader Model 4.0, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering and texture compression
- Small footprint with on-chip 128MB of GDDR3:helps minimise system space requirements and simplifies system design
- Sophisticated power management features:flexibility to adjust clock settings to help reduce power consumption as needed
- Visit the AMD Radeon E2400 Embedded Graphics Processor product page
- Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
- Visit the Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion Avionics System product page
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualisation environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.