Ever since the introduction of the first Archon "Slim Tower Heatsink" back in 2010, Thermalright has never stopped improving on its own design. Incorporating our new proprietary Pressure Vault Bracket System we introduce to the world the all new Archon SB-E X2. Aside from a total overhaul and upgrade of the mounting bracket system, the Archon SB-E X2 will be using two TY-141 high efficient double ball bearing silent fans, giving enthusiasts the perfect mash-up of performance, compatibility and silence!
The new VX BTKII mounting system on the Archon SB-E X2 brings Thermalright's Pressure Vault Bracket system to all new heights, for the first time supporting CPU's from both AMD and Intel. The VX BTK II works on almost all modern motherboards. The bracket system only takes four simple steps to mount your heatsink. A simple turn of the Central Pressure Knob lets you adjust between 40 to 70 pounds of extra pressure. The nickel plated bracket adds not only flair to your system, but also extra longevity against oxidization and rust.
The Archon SB-E X2 inherits the same award wining heatpipe design from the Archon SB-E. Eight 6mm sintered copper heatpipes along with a massive 170mm x 150mm heatsink footprint allows the pipes to equally disperse heat from the CPU to the heatsink fins, so no bit of airflow is left to waste! Archon SB-E X2's Slim Tower design is only 53mm across. This allows the Archon SB-E X2 to be fully compatible with RAM of all kinds, so power users are free to fill their RAM slots with high-end overclocked RAM.
Premium performance is only the beginning when it comes to Thermalright products. Silence is equally important, so striking a balance with performance is key. The Archon SB-E X2 comes with two TY-141 140mm silent fans. The TY-141 utilizes Thermalright's new Silent Torpedo fin design, delivering a massive 73.6 CFM for only 21dBA of silence! The Archon SB-E X2 is Silence and Performance done right, brought to you only by Thermalright!
- Proprietary Pressure Adjustable Mounting Plate allows you to adjust your mounting pressure between 40- 70lbs of force.
- Includes two Thermalright TY-141 140mm fans. TY-141's are PWM controlled and with max 73.6 CFM per fan for merely 21 DBA of silence.
- Eight Sintered Copper Heatpipes and large surface area, easily cooling down any CPU on the market.
- Mirror finish copper heatsink base and full heatsink nickel plating mitigates oxidization while maintaining shine.
- Heatsink Dimensions : L155 mm x W53 mm x H170 mm
- Weight : 775g (Heatsink Only)
- Heatpipes: Eight 6mm Copper Heatpipes
- Copper Base: C1100 Pure Copper Mirror Finished base with Nickel Plating.
- Fan Model: TY-141
- Fan Dimensions: L152 mm x H140 mm x W26.5 mm
- Weight: 175g
- RPM Speed: 900~1300RPM ( PWM Controlled)
- Noise: 17~21dBA
- Airflow: 28.3~73.6CFM
- MSRP: US$ 99.95
Q: The Archon SB-E X2 uses tow TY-141 fans. But how can I be sure it won't interfere with my RAM heatsinks?
A: You can refer to the image at the bottom, with the full width of the Archon SB-E X2 and two TY-141's. The total width is only 10.3cm, on socket LGA2011 for example the spacing between the two RMA slot sections is 11cm. So even on the crowded LGA2011 socket you won't run into any RAM compatibility issues!