disgo launches one of the first Android v4 powered tablets in the UK and Ireland - the disgo Tablet 8104
LONDON, 2nd May 2012: disgo, a developer of consumer technology products for the gadget hungry consumer, has today announced the launch of the disgo Tablet 8104, a tablet device running Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The 8104 is one of the first tablets to be released using Google's latest Android software. With a 10.1" touch-screen, the 8104 offers users an affordable tablet while using the latest in Android technology.
Available in the UK and Ireland at retailers and online from May 2012 at just £149.99 RRP, the disgo Tablet 8104 allows easy multitasking, rich notifications, customisable home screens, widgets and deep interactivity that adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing. It includes "disgo apps" and Slide ME connection which allows fast and easy access to 1000's of Android Apps.
The disgo Tablet 8104 features a 10.1" capacitive display with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution, 1.2 GHz Boxchip Cortex A8 ARM processor and 512MB DDR3 of system memory. This specification allows users to experience quality technology, but without the costs associated with well known tablet manufacturers.
Content can be stored on the disgo Tablet 8104's 4GB onboard storage but can be expanded to 36GB with a micro-SDHC card. It is compatible with the majority of digital content including Flash 11.1, allowing viewers to enjoy streaming video via the 10.1" high responsive TFT touch screen with 1024 x 600 display.
Luke Noonan, Purchasing Director of disgo, commented, "Each time we launch a new tablet we are excited by the advancements and new features that we are able to bring. We want to continue our lead in the next generation of affordable tablets and the 8104 fits the bill. It's great to offer consumers a tablet that offers the latest in Android and tablet technology, without a hefty price tag. The 8104 has great diversity and will appeal to many users from families and children to commuters."
Pricing and availability
- 10.1" capacitive display with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution
- Android 4.03 operating system
- 1.2 GHz Boxchip Cortex A8 ARM processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 512MB DDR3 system memory
- 4GB onboard storage expandable to 36GB with mirco-SD
- 6500mAh longlife Li-ion battery for up to 5 hours use
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WIFI capability
- Mini-HDMI output to monitor or TV
- Front facing camera
- Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone out and built in microphone
- With application market and disgo-apps access
- Media viewing & listening in all popular file formats
- Access to popular social feeds such as Facebook & Twitter
- Communication via the internet using apps such as Skype
disgo is a developer of consumer technology products for today's gadget hungry consumer. It takes the latest technology trends and makes them both fun and affordable, without compromising on performance.
For further information about disgo please visit www.mydisgo.co.uk.