- Two new GreenHeart phones and the first GreenHeart accessory - Bluetooth Noise Shield Handsfree VH700
- Sony Ericsson builds on its environmental heritage with new commitment to the GreenHeart strategy through its accessories portfolio
London, December 14, 2009: Today Sony Ericsson announces the Sony Ericsson Elm phone, the Sony Ericsson Hazel phone and the BluetoothTM Noise Shield Handsfree VH700, the newest additions to the company's GreenHeartTM portfolio. The two mobile phones and one accessory provide consumers with an expanded range of products to make an educated green choice without compromising on design and functionality.
"The Sony Ericsson Elm and the Sony Ericsson Hazel phones offer consumers a green choice without compromising on features or fun. These mobile phones also give consumers a better voice quality experience, with Noise Shield, Clear Voice and Intelligent Volume Adaptation. Both phones offer an easy-to-use social networking experience featuring the Widget Manager application, which allows users access to their social networking page via the stand-by screen and quickly switch between different social networks." said Fortuné Alexander, Global Marketing Director at Sony Ericsson.
The Sony Ericsson Hazel phone and the Sony Ericsson Elm phone
Sony Ericsson has also announced today its ambition to making all of its accessories 100 per cent GreenHeartTM compliant by 2011.
"Building on the established heritage of our parent companies we have worked continuously to maintain our leadership position by committing to reduce our own CO2 emissions by 20 per cent and product life cycle CO2 emissions by 15 per cent by 2015." said Mats Pellbäck Scharp, Environmental Director at Sony Ericsson.
"The Sony Ericsson Elm phone, Sony Ericsson Hazel phone and the VH700 are a testament of our continued commitment to the environment and are part of the ongoing roll-out of our GreenHeartTM strategy announced in June 2009." continues Mats Pellbäck Scharp.
Steve Alder, General Manager Group and UK Devices for O2, said: "Offering Sony Ericsson GreenHeartTM phones to our customers has been a part of our strategy to integrate sustainability across all our products and services thereby helping our customers reduce their environmental footprint. As an industry it is essential we embrace innovation in this area and incorporating greener credentials across our product portfolio is certainly a focus for us moving forwards."
The Sony Ericsson Elm phone, the Sony Ericsson Hazel phone and the VH700 all benefit the environment and help reduce CO2 emissions through:
- Recycled plastics
- E-manual in phone
- Free from hazardous chemicals
- Low power consumption charger (EP300 GreenHeartTM)
- Walk Mate eco application
- Green calculator
- Minimized packaging
- Condensed user guide (VH700)
• Waterborne paint (VH700)
Both phones announced today will be shipped with a GreenHeartTM personal handsfree; the Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-60J, which is a step towards reaching the 100 per cent GreenHeartTM accessories goal.
The Sony Ericsson Elm phone and the Sony Ericsson Hazel phone - Designed for life and more
- Quality voice - noise shield, clear voice and intelligent volume adaptation
- Natural fit - human curvature and ergonomic keypad fits in the palm of a hand
• Feel secure - back up your personal information over the air on Sonyericsson.com
• Social networking the easy way - easily switch to FacebookTM, myspaceTM and Twitter
• 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera - snap friends and family and upload images to blogs and websites
• Essential guide - GoogleTM search and GoogleTM Maps, WisepilotTM, turn-by-turn navigation with AGPS and 10 days free weather forecast with Accuweather
• Media player - get a rich media experience
The Sony Ericsson Elm phone and the Sony Ericsson Hazel phone support GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and HSPA 2100/900. The Sony Ericsson Elm phone will be available in the colours Metal Black and Pearly Rose from Q1 2010. The Sony Ericsson Hazel will be available in the colours Superior Black and Passionate Rouge from Q2 2010.
BluetoothTM Noise Shield Handsfree VH700
- Create your own phone booth
- Dual microphone Noise Shield eliminates background noise
- Hear every word, everywhere with Intelligent Voice adaptation
- BluetoothTM - wireless freedom
• Wirelessly connect to two phones simultaneously with this clip-on handsfree
BluetoothTM Noise Shield Handsfree VH700 will be available in the colours Black. Silver/White, Pink/White and Red/White from Q2 2010.