Latest addition to the eXplorist range brings affordable GPS to the UK's outdoor enthusiasts
London, UK, October 18 2011 - Global GPS brand Magellan today announces the launch of the eXplorist 310. As the latest addition to the eXplorist range, the 310 is a high quality hand-held GPS device which combines high-sensitivity GPS, an intuitive user interface, easy-to-read mapping and unparalleled navigation.
Whether hiking, climbing, backpacking, geocaching, hunting, fishing, mountain biking or sailing, the eXplorist 310 has been designed to allow adventurers to navigate to outdoor destinations worldwide, capture geotagged photos along the way and share their experiences online when they return home.
As the younger brother of the 510, 610 and 710, the eXplorist 310 is set at a lower price point, enabling all outdoor enthusiasts to make the most of this advanced GPS device.
"We've seen fantastic demand for the eXplorist range from the UK's outdoor enthusiasts since its launch, and hot on the heels of this success we're releasing the eXplorist 310" says Natasha Bartlett-Twivey, Marketing Manager UK & Ireland, Magellan. "The eXplorist 310 has been designed for all levels of outdoor explorer, from the experienced hiker to the novice geocacher which combined with its lower price point makes the 310 appealing to all. With social networks bringing society closer than ever, the device is a great way to plan exciting adventures and to record and share experiences with friends, family and the wide online world."
The Magellan eXplorist 310
Whatever the adventure, the Magellan eXplorist 310 has something to offer. Key include:
- 2.2 inch touch-screen
- Product Colour Grey and Orange
- Battery Type: 2xAA
- 18 hours Battery Life
- Vibrant, transflective colour screen allows for the best readability in direct sunlight.
- Paperless geocaching
- Display Resolution, WxH QVGA, 240 x 320
- Waterproof IPX-7
- Temperature Range 14° to 140° F - 10° to 60° C
- High-Sensitivity GPS SiRFstarIII
- GPS Accuracy 3-5 meters
- Antenna Type Patch
- CPU 400 MHz
- 500MB Available Memory
- Audible Alarms
- USB Interface Method Mini, USB Data Transfer Interface, USB 2.0 & Serial Communication Protocol, and USB Mass Storage
- NMEA Output
- 1,000 Waypoints
- 10,000 Geocaches
- 50 Track Logs
- 10,000 Track Points
- Routes/Legs Per Route 50/50
- Preloaded World Edition map, which includes a complete road network for the U.S., Canada, Western Europe and Australia, as well as water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background
- Vertical Profile
- Area Calculation
- Accepts GPX Files
- Uploadable Maps Summit Series Region Downloads
- User Grid
- Picture Viewer
- Hunt/Fish Calendar
- Sun & Moon Information
- Languages English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch
Pricing / availability
Recommended retail price: £179.99
The eXplorist 310 is available from: See stockist information on our website. Or available from all good Outdoor retailers.
About Magellan Europe
Magellan allows people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Founded in 1985, Magellan is one of the world's leading navigation brands with more than 200 key patents in GPS technology. Magellan is part of MiTAC International Corporation. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company created various award-winning and industry first devices. Magellan is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.