Effortlessly cast music over Wi-Fi in high quality sound without interruption
15 May 2017 – HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets has announced the availability of its new JBL Playlist smart home speaker with built-in Google Chromecast, for a hi-resolution audio experience that takes home music streaming to a whole new level.
JBL Playlist allows anyone to instantly stream music, radio, or podcasts directly from their Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows laptop. A key advantage of the JBL Playlist is its built-in Google Chromecast feature, which allows users to easily cast audio from popular music services like Spotify and Pandora using Wi-Fi, without pairing via Bluetooth.
Streaming over Wi-Fi offers a higher quality audio experience compared to Bluetooth. With JBL Playlist, music is sent directly from the cloud to the speaker, resulting in more accurate sound than Bluetooth. Wi-Fi streaming also has the advantage of working outside a fixed distance to the speaker itself - another advantage over Bluetooth.
JBL Playlist users can simply play music by tapping the Chromecast button from within their favorite music service on their smart device, with the option to connect to other JBL Google Chromecast speakers for Multi-Room listening, allowing users to easily fill every room in their home with the music they love.
Designed with a wide-open surface for unrivaled sound quality, the JBL Playlist features a passive radiator for world-class bass performance. Its distinctive matte finish and grille fabric cover offer a sleek look that will complement any room, and it is available in black, blue, and white colour options.
“JBL Playlist provides access into millions of songs and podcasts by casting from apps such as Spotify, Pandora etc. directly to the speaker,” says Lou Schreurs, global product line manager, Connected Home HARMAN. ”With the JBL Playlist, music enthusiasts can enjoy their favorite content with higher audio quality provided by Wi-Fi.”
JBL Playlist features:
- Easily cast music to your speakers: With Google Chromecast™ speakers, Google Chrome cast™ is built-in. Just tap the Chromecast button from your favourite mobile music apps to instantly start playing on the speakers.
- Spotify Connect, a better way to listen at home: Play Spotify through your speakers, laptop and TV, using the Spotify app as a remote. Use the "One Touch" Play feature on Playlist speaker to play your favourite playlist instantly.
- 24bit/96kHz High quality sound, powered by the cloud
- Enjoy your music without interruption: Answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what’s playing on the speakers or draining your battery.
- Simple setup and multi-room control with Google Chromecast™ app: Easily set up your system and control multi-room playback with the Google Chromecast™ app. A step-by-step in-app guide you can quickly start streaming your music.
- Dual band Wi-Fi connection and 802.11ac network support: Supports the latest 802.11AC wireless home networking technology and dual band (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi connection, resulting in a faster, robust and more stable wireless connection
- Music playback via Bluetooth or 3.5mm input
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.